This quiz is open to all, and new or existing SASJA members that have paid their membership fees for 2014 can win a great selection of books, including Leonie Joubert’s Scorched: South Africa’s Changing Climate and Sarah Wild’s Searching African Skies.
The quiz will run into 2014 and the winner will be announced in February 2014.
Here are the membership options and prices if you join SASJA before the end of 2013:
Full membership: R300 per annum
Associate membership: R250 per annum
Student Membership: R100 per annum
Corporate membership: R600 per annum
Visit http://sasja.org/membership/ for more information on joining or renewing your membership.
Unable to process Google Form short code.
Please share this quiz!
At least seven members of SASJA are on our way to the World Conference of Science Journalists in Helsinki – starting June 24!
The Conference website http://wcsj2013.org/ and on twitter @WCSJ2013
As you know SASJA is bidding to host the next WCSJ in 2015. Lynne and others will be presenting the bid proposal to the powers that be in Helsinki on Monday 24 June 12 noon –11 am here. That’s when you should start watching your Twitter feeds for news of the bid, and then for all the other news that will come from the conference through next week, as several of us are involved in the presentations and panel discussions. Here are the Twitter handles you should be following:
SASJA – @SasjaSA
Lynne Smit – @wheatlands
Adele Baleta – @adelebaleta
Anina Mumm – @aninja_m
Engela Duvenage – @engelbriewe
Bibi-Aisha Wadvalla – @bb_aisha
Deborah-Fay Ndlovu – @deborahndlovu
Colleen Dawson – @ColleenDawson1
Please follow all our news as we represent you in Helsinki!
The newly elected board members had their first meeting in December 2012 and they were elected to the following portfolios:
- President: Lynne Smit
- Deputy President: Colleen Dawson
- Treasurer: Wiida Fourie-Basson
- Western Cape representative: Munyaradzi Makhoni
- Gauteng Representative: Ina van der Linde
- Kwa-Zulu Natal: Niki Moore
- Professional Development: This portfolio forms and integral part of each region, it is also the portfolio that will draw in new members and assist in making SASJA self sustainable. It was therefore decided that all three regional represenatative as well as Wiida Fourie-Basson and Anina Mumm will form a sub-committee. The sub-committee will meet and elect a team leader.
- Social Media: This portfolio will also form a sub-committee with Carolina Odman-Govender and Anina Mumm.
- Public relations, marketing and branding: Mandi Smallhorne
Congratulations to our new board – may you have many successes over the next two years!