The South African Science Journalists’ Association (SASJA) is an association of science media professionals and a registered non-profit organisation (NPO 133-434)
SASJA’s mission is ‘to promote, develop and support science media practitioners in South Africa.’
The aims and objectives of SASJA are:
- To improve communication between the South African science community and general society, by promoting and defending the free flow of information within the scientific community, and to the public through the media.
- To use various means of global and national communication to disseminate information about advances, achievements, opportunities, and trends in science journalism
- To facilitate and encourage professional development, networking, and education for local science journalists and those from in the countries of the South African Development Community (SADC).
- To establish and maintain professional standards in science journalism and communication and foster the dissemination of accurate information regarding science and technology, through all media normally devoted to informing the public
- To foster and promote the professional interests of all our members.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SASJA Science
Fax: 086 654 1972
Office Address: 125 3rd street, Linden, Johannesburg, 2195
Postal Address: P.O.Box 1330, Fontainebleau, 2032
SASJA’s NPO number: 133-434 NPO